OCC’s Culinary Studies Institute has kicked off the academic year with a bang.
· Culinary Studies Institutestudents celebrate the Day of the Dead with a Mexican Fiesta at 6 p.m., Thursday, October 24. The $50 five–course meal will reflect the food and culture of Mexico including wine and beer. The “Día de Los Muertos,”or Day of the Dead, is a Mexican national holiday celebrating departed loved ones with decorations, favorite foods and parades. Tickets can be purchased using this form with checks made payable to OCC. For more information, contact Roz Turner at (248) 522–3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
· The Ridgewood Café is open 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., most Tuesdays and Wednesdays, September 10 to December 4, on the 3rdfloor of Building J. It is closed October 22 and 23. Menu changes daily offering salads, sandwiches, entrées and desserts.
· Reflections is open 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., most Thursdays, September 5 to December 5, on the 4th floor of Building J. This Prix Fixe $15 menu offers a four-course meal with three entrées to select from that change weekly. Wine and beer are available. The restaurant is closed Oct. 17 and reservations are encouraged.
· The Bakery is open Wednesdays beginning September 18 on the 3rd floor of Building J. Purchase breads, pies, Danish and cookies. Check here for details.
· High Tea in Reflections is 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., September 26 and November 21. High Tea tickets are $25. Advance purchase is required.
· Grand Luncheon Buffets are 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., October 17 and November 14 on the 3rd floor of Building J. The $13 menu features appetizers, salads, fish, seafood, poultry and beef entrées, starches and vegetables, and a dessert table with French pastries, tortes, ice cream and cookies. Reservations with a deposit are required for large groups.
More event information is available at www.oaklandcc.edu/culinary.