OCC’s Culinary Studies Institute has kicked off the 2015-16 academic year with a bountiful lineup of offerings and events.
Join us for special fall events.
- Alumni Guest Chef Dinner, Oct.22, at 6 p.m. with celebrated Michigan Chefs Steve Allen and Chuck Rachwitz of Novi’s prestigious Steve and Rocky’s. Enjoy an American farm-to-table experience with strolling cocktail hour serving delectable hors d’oeuvres, signature drinks, and five unique courses infused with the season’s fresh flavors that are sure to satisfy your appetite. Join us and the Culinary Studies Institute’s award winning chefs for a night of carefully crafted delights and special musical entertainment. Price is $55 per person. Order tickets early.
- Halloween Luncheon Booffet, Oct. 29, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Treat us with your presence for a spooky afternoon of epicurean undertaking and mystical beverages. It’s a Halloween bash, so dress up if you dare! Ghoulishly terrific food, drinks, and witches brew will be served. Price is $12 per person.
- A Winter Wonderland Holiday Evening Buffet, Dec. 3, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Celebrate the holidays with merriment and joy with your family, club, or corporate gathering. Come indulge on lively libations at our open bar and feast on culinary creations from delectable starters all the way to delightful finishes. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your group together to toast another successful year with a little bubbly and good cheer. Price is $18 per person; cash bar is available. Paid reservation required. Tickets can be purchased using this form.
- 29th Annual Wassail Dinner, Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. The Wassail Feast is celebrating its 29th year at the Culinary Studies Institute. Traditional English fare with a contemporary twist is served with appropriate wines and beats, and a gaggle of jesters and minstrels inciting general mayhem. This is a historic night for us – and we thank our patrons for their continued enthusiastic support. Wassail Dinner sells out quickly every year, please purchase tickets early. Price is $65 per person.
- High Tea in Reflections is 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 1, Nov. 19, Feb. 11 and April 7. A full lunch is included and ladies are encouraged to wear a fabulous hat! High Tea tickets are $25. Advance purchase is required. Tickets can be purchased using this form.
- Grand Buffets are from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Oct. 29 and March 10 for lunch and Dec. 3 and April 21 for a new dinner buffet 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the 3rd floor of Building J. The sample menu features appetizers, salads, fish, seafood, poultry and beef entrées, starches and vegetables, and a dessert table. Reservations with a deposit are required for large groups.
For more event information and a list of the winter 2016 events, visit oaklandcc.edu/culinary.